Jobs & Careers
CCS welcomes inquiries for internships on an ongoing basis. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com if you are interested.
CCS is currently seeking a China Program Intern. The position is located in our downtown Washington, DC office. Please see the job description below.
China Program Intern
- Support International Project Manager and Senior Technical Program Manager in bilingual research on Chinese climate, energy, and economic policy
- Translate technical documents between Chinese and English
- Work with Project Managers to support sector-based technical expert team work on spreadsheet tools for developing economic, energy, and emissions baseline inventory and forecast and microeconomic policy analysis of climate and energy policies
- Support research and development of policy design information for analysis
- Monitor activity around climate policy at the national and subnational levels in the U.S. and China
- Research new and upcoming international climate planning projects and potential partners
- Prepare memos and briefs for the CCS Senior Management Team
- Manage and organize logistics for CCS trips, study tours, etc.
- Build and maintain database of contacts involved in China and international work
- Assist in the production of reports, handouts, and other CCS materials
- Attend meetings, briefings and other programs around D.C. and synthesize information gathered into reports for our senior team
- Conduct project-related administrative tasks, as required
- Advanced undergraduate, candidate for Masters Degree or recent graduate in environmental science, policy, economics, engineering, law, or business
- Strong background in U.S. and Chinese climate, energy, and economic policy research and analysis
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research, analysis, and communications skills
- Independently motivated, flexible, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player but also productive working independently
- Strong written and spoken Mandarin skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel; experience with web management systems a plus
- Based upon education and experience