CCS' national action initiatives provide critical linkages between subnational and national actions in the US and support for policy development and implementation, including financing. CCS projects include:
- The Clean Air Act and Climate Change. The application of flexible tools and templates from comprehensive state climate action planning to implementation of Section 111(d) of the Clean Air Act.
- February 7th, 2013: The Federal Agencies released their 2012 Strategic Sustainability Performance Plans, under Executive Order 13514. Click here to read each agency's plan.
- The Security and Investment Project, Comprehensive Leadership Strategies for the Emerging Energy Economy, 2011, CCS/JHU
- Scale up of subnational climate and energy actions to national law and policy in 2011, CCS/JHU
- Lead technical support to the US DOE for implementation of federal stimulus funds by supporting financing mechanisms for energy efficiency for states, tribes and localities since 2009
- Identification of existing program authorities for subnational energy actions for US DOE in 2009
- Development of guidelines for agriculture and forestry actions for the US Geological Survey in 2009
- Comments in 2008 on the US EPA Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking related to the Massachusetts vs. EPA Supreme Court decision regarding use of the Clean Air Act to control greenhouse gases
- Documentation of the economic stimulus effects of subnational and national climate action, and related state and local program instruments, in 2008