Security and Investment Project
Our new CCS Security and Investment Project provides a comprehensive leadership strategy for the emerging energy economy and the trend to safer and more sustainable approaches.
It details how past progress has been made by localities, states, and national agencies to meet climate, energy, and economic goals at the same time. And it points to specific new actions that can do more now.
The project addresses three important questions:
- How much has the US done to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and how has this been accomplished?
- How can the US take significant new actions that improve climate, economic, and energy security?
- How can these new actions generate needed investment?
The answer to all three questions can be found in research conducted by CCS over the past year and documented in our Security and Investment Project Report and International Energy Workshop Paper, “Developing and Assessing Economic, Energy, and Climate Security and Investment Options for the US.”
Read the report background
Read additional information on climate action
- Article by Jonathan Crawford entitled: Study: Energy policy, not recession or gas shift, is top driver of lower emissions
- State climate plans
- CCS Catalog of Policy Options
- Inventory and Forecast Reports
- Economic studies of climate action