Training & Capacity Building
Capacity building is critical to successful policy development and implementation. CCS provides a combination of up front and ongoing curriculum-based training to agencies, stakeholders, and other institutions, as well as "learning by doing" processes that combine Comprehensive Action Planning with opportunities to learn and apply concepts, techniques, and tools to live policy development processes.
Examples of our training and capacity building and learning-by-doing programs include:
- Climate Action Planning in Mexico under the Mexico Low Emissions Development Strategies (MLEDS) program,
- China Low Carbon Development Planning and Analysis Toolkit under the US-China EcoPartnership Program
- Enhancing Capacity for Low Emissions Development Strategies (ECLEDS) program in Ukraine,
- Low Emissions Development Strategies planning and analysis in Guatemala (sponsored by USAID),
- Entity-level GHG baseline development and climate action plan development (University of South Florida, St. Petersburg),
- Green Growth program in association with the Green Growth Best Practices Initiative, and
- Climate Action Planning for US States and Localities through the CCS USA Program.